Friday, February 11, 2011

Camelba Investments Llc

Interview with the author: Lorenzo Mazzoni

After my comment to his latest book Beasts / Kinshasa Serenade , meet the author Lorenzo Mazzoni.



(Photo: Lorenzo Mazzoni in Yemen)
When and why did you start writing?
I wrote my first story at age six. A sort of Odyssey, where they rode in twenty-seven and inexplicably died in fifty-three. Single copy, handwritten, bound with a red ribbon and a gift to my mom. Then I took a break sabbatical lasting up to fourteen years old when I started writing poems horrendous. Millions of horrible poetry. They have been the discovery of American fiction, the rediscovery of Salgari and travel that brought me to the novel. I write because I am angry because I'm in good company of my characters, not to shoot someone in the face, to say what I think, to make palpable the dreams and so on.

How did the collaboration with the Momentum?
I saw on an internet link of Momentum. I went to the site and I immediately liked the type of project would carry out: spy-story, noir, hard boiled ... We are on the same wavelength. I suggested "The beasts / Kinshasa Serenade" and liked that, in times very quickly, turned it into a book in the flesh. I am very happy to have them published. The seriousness with which they work is commendable. Massive Grus, the editorial director, and the journalists I think are a healthy and positive example on how a publisher would have to work today in Italy. Long live Momentum Press.

A character from The Beasts listens to and loves Chopin's Nocturnes.
Why this choice?

The Nocturnes are melancholy and sweetness. Harlod Brook (the person who listens to them) is absorbed and horror of everyday life and real cynicism. I'm not crazy for her medicine. Play Chopin to forget the slums where he works as a doctor and leave out the door Kinshasa, the largest tropical city in a constant state of decomposition.

Why did you dedicate your book to refugees?
Why are the victims of the conflict along the Congolese and all conflicts. The refugees lost jobs, housing, land, expensive (in sometimes dignity) because of war ordered by the powerful. In Congo will never be any self-proclaimed general funded by the West or the international mafias to lose their "everyday life", but always and only the common people. In Congo there are a million and a half refugees. E 'to them that the book is dedicated, but also for refugees in the ghettos of major European capitals, to refugees in Afghanistan, thousands of Palestinians who are denied the right to land, hundreds of thousands of people every day looking for retreat into something far from reality to escape the horrors imposed by God, Money and his brothers.

Ferrara: What is your opinion on reality edioriale and readers in your city?
Except LineaBN Editions (and not because it was my editor), I believe that the overall picture is very bad. There are the usual editors who "work" for thirty years despite decent do not publish books for a long time. We are the publishers for a fee. Those who publish books on Estes to have the funds, unaware that Ferrara has a story even after it has passed the Duchy of Modena and, perhaps, promote something new would be good for citizenship to be reunited with a past a little 'more varied. There are editors and publishers who would drink to stop the increase of the plan published deforestificazione local produce unprintable. LineaBN Editions had the honor of publishing fiction, reportage, photography, side projects with foreign countries. In short, something new for a city that was the climate and the potential to really do something important. Readers of the city are good readers tend to. A Ferrara says so. Unfortunately, Ferrara are very influenced by the editorial choices that propinano local media, so often horrible books sell more than just well-written books, but I think it's a national problem and not due solely to the real city.

A book you've wanted to write.
"The Human Factor," by Graham Greene.

A book that advice.
"The Zanzibar Chest, Aidan Hartley.


Thanks
Thank you

0 comments:

Post a Comment